NOTE: This site is no longer maintained. Upgrade to the latest version of ipMonitor »
Knowledge Center > Tips
Inserting Your Own Logo Image in Configurable Reports
ipMonitor 8 allows you to replace the standard ipMonitor logo that appears in the upper-left corner of Configurable Reports. To further tailor the appearance of your Reports, you can replace this image with your own company logo.
Due to ipMonitor 8's highly enhanced Reporting engine, changing the ipMonitor logo to an image of your choosing is now easier than ever.
- Reports no longer share the same header information. Therefore, you can now specify a different image for each Configurable Report you create.
- Header images can now be uploaded and changed directly through the user interface.
- Header images are no longer restricted to a specific height and width, allowing for maximum customization.
- ipMonitor 8 is now able to reference images located on the Internet, rather than always embedding local images within Reports.
To customize the header image displayed in a Configurable Report, proceed with the following:
- Log in to the ipMonitor interface.
- Click the Reporting menu option, then select Configurable Reports.
- Click the name of a previously created Configurable Report to enter Edit Mode.
- If you wish to embed a local image within the Report header, click the Report Icon Select button and upload the desired file. This will ensure that the new image is available to be embedded in future Reports.
Note: Uploaded images are located in the "/wwwroot/rpticons" directory of the ipMonitor installation folder.
To use an image located on an accessible Internet server, proceed to the next step.
- Edit the current Report header located in the list of Report Cells. This header is automatically generated when a new Report is created. It is the first item in the Report Cells list. Click on the cell name to enter edit mode.
- Remove the current Logo URL (/cfg/v8/logo.png) and enter the relative URL of the image you uploaded in step 4 using the format shown in the example below:
Note: To use an image located on an accessible Internet server, fully-qualify the logo URL by prefixing the value with the "http://" scheme name. For example:
- Click OK.
- Click the Preview button located on the submenu bar of the Edit Report screen to preview your changes.
Last Updated: October 19, 2006 | What did you think of this topic?