NOTE: This site is no longer maintained. Upgrade to the latest version of ipMonitor »
Knowledge Center > Tips
Removing the Shadow from Historical and Email Reports
You can customize ipMonitor's Email and Historical Reports and easily remove the shadow outline that is part of the standard formatting. By default, the Report is centered on the page, and a border and shadow are added for a more three-dimensional look.
To remove the standard formatting:
- Click the Reporting menu option, then select Report Generators. From the Report Generator screen, click the Historic Reports Generator link.
- In the Customization section at the bottom of the screen, select "Specify the Exact HTML to insert before and after the content" from the drop-down menu of the "HTML Header and Footer" option.
- Leave the "HTML Header" and "HTML Footer" fields blank. This will effectively remove all formatting and generate plain Reports without HTML enhancements. If you'd prefer to keep your Report centered, simply add the <center> tag within the HTML Header field. Otherwise, the generated Report will be left-justified on the screen.
- Click "OK" or "Apply" to save your changes.
- View the appearance of your customized Reports by sending a test email from any email Report configuration screen.
The customization changes made here will also affect Email Report Generators. In addition, these settings will affect only future Reports - Reports are not changed retroactively.
Last Updated: January 28, 2005 | What did you think of this topic?