NOTE: This site is no longer maintained. Upgrade to the latest version of ipMonitor »
Knowledge Center > FAQs
How do I Move a Licensed Installation to a Different Server?
To move a licensed ipMonitor installation to another directory, drive, or machine and retain your configuration settings, proceed with the following steps:
- Stop the ipMonitor8 Service and copy the following folders, including any sub-folders and files, from the old installation to the new location:
Note: The "db" and "Historic" directories are considered "Legacy" directories and will not appear in a new ipMonitor 8 installation. These directories will only be accessible when an upgrade is performed from ipMonitor 7 to ipMonitor 8 on the same host machine, or when Legacy Reporting is enabled.
- \db ("Legacy" Directory from ipMonitor 7)
- \Historic ("Legacy" Directory from ipMonitor 7)
- Delete the following file from the new installation directory: \config\cred\credentials.db
- Uninstall the original ipMonitor installation. If prompted, follow the instructions provided within the Licensing Helper to Park your license on the ipMonitor Support Portal.
- Install ipMonitor in the new location and ensure you can log in and access the Administration web interface.
- Start the ipMonitor8 Service.
Credentials are not exportable. They are encrypted within the system, and cannot be used once manually moved to a new installation directory. Deleting the credentials.db file will enable you to view which Credentials were used for particular Monitors. You will then need to reconfigure the username and password for each Credential.
Note: ipMonitor 8 includes an Internal Maintenance feature that allows you to create a backup of your ipMonitor configuration settings, including any Credentials stored within the Credentials Database.
Last Updated: November 14, 2006 | What did you think of this topic?